Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Ruby is Taking a Break


I've fallen in love with the desert.

Ruby and I are taking a break from blogging to focus on important tasks at hand. Ruby is going to go for more walks and I am going to work on getting all my continuing education (CEU’s) done for my nursing license before January, 2022. Yes, I waited until the last minute, but if you knew how boring CEU’s can be you wouldn’t blame me. So, this is the last blog post until I can once again renew my nursing license, like I’ve done every three years since 1983, when I first became a Registered Nurse. 



My happy place is walking and hiking. I especially like it when steep mountain trails have wooden steps.



If bees are the scariest thing on a trail I can handle it. 



We visited this National Monument and spent a few dollars in their gift shop.

I grew up reading my dad’s National Geographic magazines and sneaking peeks at his Playboy’s (sometimes there wasn't a lot of difference). I figured I would either grow up to be an archeologist or a Playboy Bunny.  I still love archeology and anthropology. Everything about these ruins, and the people that made them, fascinated me. 


This is the spot where I will be studying (and eating). It doesn’t get any better than this. 



Ruby at the window watching the world go by. 

Ruby, Crayola, and I wish everyone a peaceful and love-filled holiday. I’ll still be posting photos on Facebook to let my mom know I’m still alive and to share about our many adventures, but for now I'm hitting the books. Stay safe and merry. Love, Carrie


2 comments:

Jodi B said...

I knew we were best friends for a reason! Are used to read my dad’s playboys and National Geographic’s too! Lol I will miss these blog posts but good to get to your studies. Miss you and love you

Diane Denman said...

I will miss your blogs. Have loved revisiting places I have traveled.Have fun studying!