Friday, December 3, 2021

Arizona Here We Come, Get Ready for Ruby.


This is a photo of me visiting my parents in Tucson, Arizona, circa 1993. My mom and dad spent a few years as snowbirds after all us kids were grown. They blended right in with their cowboy boots, cowboy hats, western shirts, and big belt buckles. 


Cray and I are preparing mentally and physically to leave Las Cruses and begin the next part of our journey. We’ve had such a great time in New Mexico and forged great friendships here. Our plan is to leave in the next day or or so and make our way to Tucson, ending up in Scottsdale by December 12,  when our daughter Micole, and granddaughter Ava, arrive at the Airbnb Micole rented for Christmas and New Year’s Eve for a gathering of friends and family. Speaking of family, here are some photos from my recent visit to Iowa for Thanksgiving, Most of them were already posted on Facebook, but they are special enough to show off again.


My son Skyler's amazing and talented daughter's, Kaylea and Faith. Luckily, I got to spend a night at their house - I loved spending time with my son and his family. Kaylea is a natural performer, and little sister Faith loves dancing alongside her.


My brilliant grandson, Jasper.


My oldest daughter, Mia. My first real love. 


Ava and Faith. We had fun painting pottery. These two cousins are besties.


My mom is so pretty!


I love posing with Micole and Ava.


Micole sent me this photo from breakfast after I left Iowa. I call her friend, Mick, my "son from another mother." My oldest granddaughter, Sylvia, is smiling next to him. 



More family at Thanksgiving. Sylvia is in the center with her sweet boyfriend, Cam. She is also covered in "orbs" a phenomenon which often happens to her, her mom (Mia), and brother (Jasper). Mia's husband, Joe, died from colon cancer a couple years ago on Thanksgiving day. He doesn't like to be left out of the family photos.


More orbs on my silly family with their noses taped up. 



Finally, a photo of an early Christmas gift from our new friend Kaye. She gave Cray one, too, with a different Celtic symbol. The Guardian Bell is said to protect you from negative energy. My symbol is called a Triskelion and is one of the oldest Celtic symbols, also known as the triple spiral. That is fitting since my lucky number has always been the number three. I looked up the Triskelion up on the internet and read, "The meaning is seen as a symbol of strength and progress. As it appears to be moving, the Triskelion also represents the will to move forward and overcome diversity."  What an appropriate gift from a very intuitive friend! 


No comments: