Monday, November 15, 2021

There Are Flowers Still Blooming in New Mexico.


The #1 reason to love Las Cruces is THE WEATHER! 

Yes, I realize I skipped from #8 to #1, but I just couldn't wait. I decided to reverse the order of my top 10 list and I can do that, because I'm not getting paid for this, lol. 
I snapped this photo of a bee doing it’s "bee thing" and thought to myself, "I wouldn't be seeing any bees in Iowa right now!" I read that in Las Cruces, the summers are hot and partly cloudy; the winters are short - like from the middle of November to the middle of February - cold and clear, with temperatures ranging from 29 degrees Fahrenheit to 60. On average there are 294 sunny days per year, and Las Cruces may get 2 inches of snow.  That's right, 2 inches of snow per year! It's very dry here year round....that would be hard to get used to. The famous Rio Grande is totally dry. People ride their motorcycles on it. Most yards are sand, rocks, dirt, and prickly weeds, unless they are consistently watered and groomed, which is not the norm. However, there is one yard nearby that is as green as green can be (for a desert anyway) and, of course, Ruby always wants to pee on it. 

I could live with the dryness and lack of  green grass, just to stand in the sunlight and look up at the endless blue skies. Oh, and I just finished hanging laundry outside on the clothesline…I may have gotten a slight sunburn on my bare shoulders. 









The #2 reason to love Las Cruces is the beautiful skies!
The skies are beautiful. Even people who live here full-time text each other and ask, “Have you seen the sky?”  Seriously, if I saw a painting with all the brilliant colors of the sky here, I would think the artist was taking magic mushrooms. The colors are that vivid. 

 




No comments: